Krimnianiotis Organic Farm
An organic farm of 65 acres in Ariochori Messinia, at the foot of Mount Taygetos, 13 km before Kalamata. The terrain, the small dunes, the Taygetos Mountain springs of the two Messinian Rivers Aris and Pamisos, the sea breeze of the Messinian Gulf, create an ideal microclimate for the Extra Virgin Olive Oil Kalamata PDO.
The Organic Farm includes:
- Groves with "KORONEIKI VARIETY" for olive oil production,
- a farm with edible KALAMATA olives,
- a vineyard, about two acres with selected varieties of red and white wine, as well as most of the known table grapes,
- an orangery of approximately three acres that produces oranges, tangerines, lemons, bergamot, grapefruit, kumquat, etc.,
- a botanical herb garden (oregano, savory, tea, rosemary, basil, mint, verbena, marjoram etc.) that creates an ideal environment for the hens to lay their eggs to give special flavor with enhanced omega-3 fat.
- a protected area for fauna (pheasant, partridge, quail, peacocks, wild ducks, guinea fowl, etc.), nearly half acre with 6m height net protection, with olive trees, shrubs and vines. Among ponds live geese, ducks and various chicken breeds (egg production, broiler, rare species).
Vetch, barley, peas and forage legumes are cultivated in the organic farm. The farm is ideal for the breeding of birds and small animals (chickens, ducks, geese, rabbits, lambs).
On the farm there is a vegetable garden with all kinds of vegetables and two small greenhouses for the winter days.
Our goal is the farm, situated in Ariochori, to become a visited Farm for children and adults, so that children get in touch with rare and rich flora and fauna (animals and plants of the farm), while adults can enjoy themselves in a beautiful refectory within a beautiful natural environment and can pursue biological products of the farm that will gather themselves .
For the time being the Farm is open only during public holidays by previous arrangement. Also taken advantage of our Internet infrastructure and WiFi, every client can adopt trees and monitor them 24 hours a day and participate in the collection of his own product. The client can produce its own organic olive oil, its own organic fruit and vegetables, organically reared eggs rich in omega-3 fatty participating in tailor-made agrotourism programs.